Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Value Line vs PowerOptions

I just started a trial subscription to Value Line Daily Options Survey, which was recommend by a member of the Yahoo Group.

I've used PowerOptions for the past 2 years and have been happy with their service. PowerOptions costs $59.95/month for the delayed quote service. I only use a small portion of their site, mainly just searching for covered call trades about once a month. However, the cost is much higher than Value Line, which is only $149/year, or $5.99/month if you're a Fidelity customer. So in an effort to control my trading costs, I've decided to give Value Line a try.

If you're a Fidelity customer, like I am, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial and discount subscription , after which you only pay $5.99/month. That's 10 times less expensive than PowerOptions. Otherwise, sign up for a regular subscription at $149/year. Either way it's a bargain.

I'll continue to subscribe to both for a few months to compare them before deciding which one to keep, but it's hard to argue with the savings of switching to Value Line. I'll post a review comparing both services and my decision in the coming months.