Friday, August 7, 2020

Goodbye Interactive Brokers! Hello TD Ameritrade!

After 15 years of trading options at Interactive Brokers (IB) I've decided to transfer my account to TD Ameritrade (TD). The primary reason I chose IB was due to their low commissions. However, TD lowered their commissions last year making them comparable to IB. TD's Thinkorswim (TOS) trading platform, which I prefer to IB's Trader Workstation, is the primary reason for the transfer.

I'm looking forward to trading on TOS and have already setup my charts and custom indicators. TOS also has an Excel Real-time Data (RTD) function, which I'm using to update my spreadsheets, and an API which I plan to use to write some custom code.

IB has been good to me over the years and saved me a ton of money on commissions, but it's time to move on.